Friday, September 19, 2008

Ugh. It's that time.


So, it's 10:00 am and I can't seem to get Al out of bed so we can go see an apt in Woburn. And seriously, I feel like absolute crap! I feel bitchy and crampy and I don't want to deal with getting him up. So, I am going to just stay on the couch until he decides to get up. If we don't make it on time...oh well. No need to get upset over nothing! I'm just sitting here, chillin out, watching my cats get the last of the morning sun in front of the slider (they are hairless cats, they do that sort of thing.) I feel as though since I am so cranky (and trying not to be) and since it is 10 am maybe I should go on about breakfast! I've been trying to have breakfast everyday even if it's just a handful of dried fruit just to get into the habit. Once school starts I will definitely be trying to have breakfast everyday because they only have vending machines there. Ick! I'm sure I'm not the only student/full time worker out there or even parent/full time worker etc that needs a couple little hints for breakfast. I'll give you some of mine, but you better write back with some of yours!!

Instant (but not instant!) Oatmeal
1 cup rolled oats (you could use instant but I like the regular better its only a difference of like 3 min)
1 1/2 cups of water (or more if you like yours a little more runny)
1/3 cup dried cherries (or blueberries, or raisans the list goes on)
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp milk (if you like)
2 tbsp cherry preserves (or blueberry, or brown sugar, or strawberry wte)

Put oats, water, cherries and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the oats are tender remove from the heat and add preserves and milk if you like! enjoy!!

Snack Mix on the Go!
1/4 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup chocolate covered raisins
1/4 cup pretzels
1/4 cup chex 
1/4 cup kix 
1/4 cup nuts (if you like, I'm allergic! I keep them out)
Mix everything together in one bowl and seperate 1/3 cup each into little baggies! Snack on the go!

I Hope you enjoy these!!! Give me some of yours.

No comments: