Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall Makes Me FAT!


Fall leaves me feeling like a bag of ass and I love every last second of it. Some of my favorites are beef stew, pork and apple stew, chicken pot pie and shepard's pie (which I have made tonight!) I love making shepard's pie because it's cheap and it's easy. Here's how I do it:

2 pounds ground beef (or turkey if your down for that sorta thing)
1/2 onion, chopped
1.5 tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 16 oz bag frozen corn
2.5 cups of mashed potatoes (you're favorite recipe)
1 sleeve of ritz crackers, crushed up!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Heat a large saute pan over high heat. Put in a tablespoon of olive oil and brown ground beef and onions until beef is almost all cooked through. Season with the salt and pepper. Drain off all but a couple tablespoons of the fat and transfer beef to a 9x9 glass baking dish. Top the beef with the frozen corn (it can stay frozen.) Then top the corn with the mashed potatoes (if the mashed potatoes are put on cold this will take longer to cook and I would wait to put on ritz crackers so they dont burn. My suggestion is to make sure potatoes are hot when you put on top of corn) Then top mashed potatoes with crushed ritz crackers and place in the oven for 10 minutes! Let cool slightly and enjoy!

oh yum! shepards pie makes me happy! Beef stew is my favorite fall winter time fare. But if I told you that recipe...well...you know the drill! Hope you enjoy!





No comments: