Friday, September 26, 2008

Culinary School


Monday September 29th is the first day of the rest of my life. Monday I start culinary school. The very thing I was so against because I believed I could teach myself. (Which I have!)I just thought it was too much money and I didn't need it! Until the economy turned to shit and no one wants to hire a chef with out an education. So, to my demise I start school on Monday. I am super nervous. I kind of thought I would be fine, I know a lot already. But I'm going to be getting up at 4:00 am Monday-Friday and then working from 1-10 every time there's an event at the garden. (which we all know is a lot) Can I handle that? I didn't mean for this blog to be a personal story, I didn't want it to be poor me and or anything like that. But I felt as though this was good for all you foodies out there who want to take it to the next level! Yes, I'm nervous. Yes, I will probably be bitchy. Yes, I will never see anyone. And yes, I don't know that I won't fail on some aspect of my life. But, I am going to try! I will keep you all updated on how things are going an what I have learned along the way. I am sure I will learn a couple good foodie things for you. Well wish me luck!

1 comment:

Jennie La* said...

i went to Johnson&Wales culinary school, and had a blast! culinary school honestly is nothing like "college" it's cooking&eating! you'll have a blast.