Saturday, April 11, 2009

Food Establishment #9 KooKoo Cafe






Today I went to a part of Boston that I don't often frequent, Brookline Village. I signed up for a free intro class at Boston Boabom and got there early so I decided to try this little cafe across from the train. Kookoo cafe, it had a sign out front written in chalk, a wooden door barely shouting it's name, when you walk in you get a nice middle eastern warm feeling. Dark wood lines the walls and floor and the back wall is covered in magnet words for people to be creative. As you walk in the bakery case is in front of you. I ordered a blueberry muffin and a black ginseng tea. I got my milk in a cute lil cow creamer and the tea in a very rustic style HUGE mug. The tables were pleated like outdoor tables but inside. The blueberry muffin was delicious, tasted homemade and was filled with blueberries. The tea was really good as well. I definitely fell in love with this place. The best part, a huge tea and a scrumptious blueberry muffin was $3.99. A new gem for me, if I go back to the karate class it'll definitely be a cool new spot! 
I also went back to Wagamama today with my friend Colin. This time I went to the one in Faneuil Hall and it was much better. My food came out much faster and the system seemed a bit more organized. I still wish you only had one server and there was separate not cafeteria style tables!


No comments: