Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Food Establishment # 12 CHEERS!


We all knew it as the famed television show, Cheers, Boston's favorite old time bar was my #12 new food establishment of the year. I went to the "Replica" bar in Faneuil Hall if you take a short walk through the freedom trail you will end up at the original Cheers where the show was filmed. My mom was here and though she is now a floridian she lived here most of her life and had never been to Cheers so we went together. When you walk in the bar is set up just like the show. (Except with big windows looking out into Fanueil Hall) Old dark bar counters, dark wood chairs and tables. We were sat by the window, which was great because it was a nice day. We were talked into the $4 soda and mug special. Which was nostalgic and fun. I got a bowl of chili and my mom got the petite burger. The chili was massive, it was pretty good too. Definitely not my favorite chili but definitely worth going back for. My mom's burger looked way smaller than a 1/4 pound and didn't look great. I know she liked the french fries though they were the first things off her plate. Both my mother and my meal were  a little pricey for the portion but it is the place "where everybody knows your name." I wanted to try the Boston Cream Pie but I opted for a giant sugar cookie in Fanueil Hall instead.

Food: ***
Service: ****
Appearance ****
Overall: ****

No comments: