Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Food Establishment # 13 Crispy Crepe Cafe, Boston, MA



I went to go visit my friend Colin today after my horrific morning and went somewhere to lift my spirits. Crispy Crepe Cafe between the "B" and "C" line on the subway is a tiny hole in the wall place next to a 7/11 with 5 tables. Their menu was large with many other options besides crepes. They had breakfast, salads, paninis and pasta as well. Colin got the 2-2-2-2 breakfast for $6.95 and it was huge, 2 pancakes, 2 hash browns, 2 pieces of bacon and sausage and 2 eggs. He enjoyed it but could not finish it even after being confident that he could. I got the strawberry, lemon and sugar crepe. It was enormous and delicious for $5.95. There was one guy at the counter, he made the food, served the food and rang you up for your food. Very nice guy and service was great.

I would give Crispy Crepe Cafe:

Food: *****
Appearance: ****
I liked the appearance, it was a little run down, but reminiscent of the area as well. It LOOKED like a place college students would frequent and that it what they do.
Service: *****
Overall: *****

Please note: I would just like to say that when looking at my *'s for the different category criteria please keep in mind what type of restaurant it is. Yes, I may think this crepe at the college hangout is worth five * but that obviously does not mean it may/ or may not be better than a crepe from a Five Star Restaurant. It's all about perspective. 

P.s. I put a picture of a cute duck that walked up next to me today.

No comments: