Friday, March 27, 2009

Restaurant week is over but that doesn't mean...





That I stop eating!!! haha. So just so you guys know this blog is not turning into a food critic blog it is just all I have time for right now. I swear once gardening starts and the spring and summer are in full spring there will be way more foodie/crafter/gardening fun to look forward too.
Today I went to the new Wagamama that just opened in the Prudential Center in Boston, MA. I had just seriously walked up and down the two parallel streets trying to decide what I wanted to eat. I finally went into the Prudential deciding on the Cheesecake Factory when I walked by the new restaurant so I decided to try that in stead. Wagamama specializes in noodle dishes, but also serves asian beer, wine, sake, smoothies, rice and dessert. Here were my findings.

Wagamama, Boston, MA Prudential Center

Entree: Chicken Chili Men***
~Portion was great, had a lot of noodles, vegetables and chicken.
~Noodles were cooked and topped with a chili sauce made with chiles, lemongrass, ginger, chili paste, garlic and tomato. Chicken and veggies were added to the sauce.
~Good flavor, nice and spicy like I like it.
~Not completely what I expected.

Customer Service: Good ***
~Restaurant is cafeteria style with long tables so you have to sit sort of cramped which stinks when your there during the lunch rush.
~You do not have an assigned server everyone is just all over the place and you get asked the same questions a lot it was not organized at all.
~My order took a long time to come out I saw two people come after me and leave before me.
~There was a mess up on my check so it took a while for that to come back as well.
~ Not very good communication
~Yet, even through all the turmoil the people were nice.

Restaurant Appearance: ***
~The restaurant has cafeteria style tables, so they are long tables with separate benches and it can be cramped. (especially if you are there during lunch rush like I was)
~ A lot of white, white mats, white walls, white kitchen.
~Modern appeal, open kitchen
~Loved that you got to eat with chopsticks
~Glass front lets you see out into the prudential center

Overall I would give Wagamama ***
It was too unorganized and crazy for me. I like going to a restaurant knowing who my
server is and that is that. I did not love being asked the same thing numerous times. The servers
were very nice and accomodating it was just to crazy for me. My food was good and I would definitely
go back for take-out, especially for $12. And I would eventually try the ginger cheesecake. Just and fyi there is only a half
a plate of food in my picture because I waited so long for my food I was starving and couldn't wait
to take the picture.

No comments: