Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More wonderful fall!





Today started off not so promising. I woke up at 4:30 am to go to school and it was frippin freezing! I had to wear a scarf my ears were so cold. Then I sat through 5 hours of class. But when I went out, back in to the world (I do feel like I am in another realm when I'm in school, there's no windows) it was the most perfect fall day. I scurried to my car and called breyanne (fellow foodie, crafter, geek) to let her know I was on my way for our fun fall filled afternoon. Of course, it being boston I was coming from I hit traffic on the way to her but it was ok I eventually made it to Starbucks in Haverhill, changed and met brey. I was starving so I decided to get one of the delicious oatmeals starbucks now offers (definitely try it, it's well worth it) I also got a tea. After we left starbucks we headed to a couple stands and then to Barker's Farm. I have driven by this farm/farm stand/orchard a billion times and always say, "i'm gonna stop there!" but I never do. To my satisfaction Brey had already gone there in the beginning of the week and knew they had pick your own...wait for it...flowers!! they were $.25 a stem. I bought $2.00 worth! They were so gorgeous. And it was cheap and fun! After barker's we headed to a lil farmer's market/garden shop in Boxford that brey and I have frequented. They had the most beautiful squash. I wanted to buy them just because they were pretty. But what I had my eye on was cut your own herbs. $1.25/ounce. I bought more herbs than I need it was still less than $1.00. The rosemary was absolutely beautiful and could not be passed up! Same with the thyme! Brey gave me a little goodie bag with parsley, sage and hot peppers so I didn't pick any of that! Brey got some pretty mums and we both decided to get little cute baby ghords! They had the funkiest colors and shapes, like nothing I have ever seen. after that we headed back to star bucks to get my car and talked of corn mazes and getting lost forever! We seriously know how to have a kick ass time! We are going halfies on a case of 4 oz canning jars so I am sure the both of us will be canning like crazy so keep an eye out for recipes and such! The weather today was so absolutely perfect it couldn't have been told better in a story! I have attached some pictures of the flowers, I will post ones of the ghords and the herbs manana. Oh, I love fall and I love New England!

2 comments:

Miss Kolleen said...

tagged in my new blog: you!

thrax said...

im sooo glad we got to pick flowers before they closed for the season. fall things make me happy :)