Saturday, October 4, 2008

Back to work!



New school, new season, new year, new chef!! Yup, went back to work today. No biggie, pre-season bruins really slow, but I did get to work with my new chef for the first time. He's really nice. Has a lot of crazy ideas which is good, I hope I learn a lot of new stuff from him. It seems like I learn more at work than I have at school! Today I made Citrus-almond olive oil cakes. Which sound delicious but I would not know because I can not eat almond! HAHA! I also helped Al get the pizza station together. We had a King Crab Roll Pizza with arugula, blueberry and cilantro, a margarita pizza with vodka cream sauce and mint and basil chiffonade, a crispy potato pizza with saffron creme fraiche and a smoked rabbit crepe with caramelized onion and fig jam. Josh (the chef) is definitely very creative. I guess we will see how the season goes. Everyone seems to like him. Tomorrow I am going to make pulled pork sandwiches with apple slaw for the football game. I am excited.  Oh by the way, this happened like a week ago but for all you boston red sox fans you will know who wally the green monster is. (he is our big green mascot) Now everytime I go to shaws (supermarket) I see this 8ft inflatable Wally in the produce section and always lust over how I wish I could have one. It was $70 and I just couldnt bring my self to spend that sort of cash. So about a week or so ago I was walking through shaws with al and they were raffling one off for charity. I literally had $15 to my name and had to get through the next few days but al talked to me into putting $1 into the raffle. As I gave the ticket to the lady she said "it only takes one to win!" 
and wouldnt you know two days later I was on break at school and I got a message from Shaws saying I had won the wally!! i was sooooo excited! So now I have an 8ft tall wally in the box just waiting to be blown up! I am going to wait until we move to blow him up but i was so stocked! Well, I am going to lay down I will talk to you guys soon!

1 comment:

Jennie La* said...

that has to be the best phone call anyone can ever receive from shaw's. . . i heart wally! my dog is named wally. . gotta blow it up & post pictures!