Sunday, May 31, 2009

Foodie Establishment #24 Charley's, Boston, MA

Charley's on Newbury Street in Boston, MA is number 24 on the list! I went to a party Friday night and stayed in town with my friend Colin so we decided to get up early and go to breakfast. We were searching for Flour Bakery in the South End but I had a terrible time looking up directions on my phone so we decided as we about to pass the reflection pool at the Science Center to walk through the prudential and head down Newbury Street to a book store down there I knew had breakfast. As we were walking we passed outdoor brunch seating at Charley's. Everyone's food looked so fresh and delicious we decided to stop there. The brunch menu was small but reasonably priced and had good options. Every breakfast came with a free cocktail from a list on the top of the menu which included, mimosas, screwdrivers and bloody mary's to name a few. I didn't get a cocktail because they had decaf tea and I was more in the mood for that. I ordered the three egg omelet with bacon, peppers, onions, tomatoes and cheddar which came with english muffin, fruit and home fries. Colin ordered the Newbury Breakfast which came with eggs, english muffin, home fries and fresh fruit; he also ordered the freshly squeezed orange juice which had froth on top and seeds in it. (Can't get much more fresh squeezed than that.) Before the food came out the server brought over a basket with little mini muffins and butter. So cute and very good, I had a corn one. When the food came out the plates were huge. My omelet was the fattest omelet I have ever seen and it came with so many sides. Colin's eggs were also enormous and looked delicious. The food over all was outstanding. Everything was so fresh and not overly heavy like breakfast food can tend to be. I can't wait to go back to Charley's and try dinner.

Service: *****
Our server was such a sweetheart. Very knowledgeable about the menu and very friendly when asked for special requests. She was prompt and knew just when to come over and check on things.
Food:*****
One of the best breakfasts I have had in a long time.
Ambiance:****
Adorable. I love sitting outside on a Saturday morning on Newbury street. The weather was perfect and birds were chirping. It was great. My only gripe with sitting outside was how cramped the tables were together other than that it was great.
Noise: ***
Moderate, you are outside on Newbury Street. 

No comments: