Sunday, January 11, 2009

Gettin ready for spring.

We all know that fall is my favorite season, but spring is a close 2nd. Over the past few years I have been learning a little bit about gardening and have had a small porch garden to place grow my pickins. But now, I have a yard! I am hoping my landlords (who are super nice) will give me a little piece of real estate to actually grow a real garden. For christmas I got Jamie at Home by Jamie Oliver. It's his latest cookbook and it showcases the freshest ingredients that he gets inspiration from in his huge rustic garden. In it are tips and websites of where he got his seeds. I can not wait to get going. I want to grow lettuces, herbs (culantro being one them.), tomatoes, peppers, chili peppers, beans, garlic, oh man the list goes on. I dream of Jamie Oliver's garden of which I am so jealous and hope someday when I am rich and probably retired will be able to have. It's really funny because I am a city girl with a country heart. I love my foofy meals and designer clothes but I also love to sit in my pjs with a plate of mac and cheese and get dirty in the garden when ever possible. The spring can not come soon enough! If you have any tips for me please let me know!

1 comment:

thrax said...

you and your 'culantro'!! i cant wait til we're millionaires and can live completely off the land. *sigh* that'll be great!